Did so AMAZING at his first dental appointment. He was very curious and watched intently as I had my teeth cleaned and was more than ready when it was his turn. He is growing up so fast and most of the time I want a pause button so I can enjoy him being just like this a little longer. He is such an amazing person at FOUR years old!
This weekend I will:
- Watch fireworks with my boys (thank you W&L and congrats law school graduates!);
- Take a trip to Roanoke for Rail Day;
- Take Colin shopping for his first pair of cleats (the boy is going to soccer camp this summer!);
- RUN (I hope!);
- Rest; and
Happy Friday everyone! Enjoy the weekend and be nice to your mommas!
I have been holding on to this quote for some time, reflecting what it means to me. Children are like little sponges. They soak up everything around them. Be gracious and kind, not only around your children, but always. Be loving and grateful to everyone around. Be spontaneous and let excitement flow through your veins. Don’t worry so much. Read tons of books and enjoy the outdoors. Smile and laugh. Be a shoulder to cry on for those who are close to you. Be vulnerable. Show your love for God. Be everything you want your child, and others, to be. We learn by example, so be a good one! To your child and to others!
Well, not really! Do you all remember the blind fiasco I had over the weekend? It happened again! This time with RICE. The husband called me while he was at Lowe’s exchanging the third set of blinds that I messed up getting and asked me to start cooking the rice for dinner. (Side note: I do NOT know my way around the kitchen and that was proved yet again!)
I looked in the pantry where he told me to. We own TOO many kinds of rice. There was brown rice, couscous, itlaian white rice, and other white rice that I didn’t even notice. I quickly grabbed the Italian white rice, measured it out, cleaned it, and started the rice cooker.
Nick came home and took one look at the rice I cooked and placed his face in his hands. He couldn’t say anything to me. After a long 30 seconds of me asking what was wrong he explained that Italian white rice is really risotto and it doesn’t go very well with beef stir fry. Long story short, we threw out the “risotto” and started to cook the real white rice.
Let it fall, let it come down, let it crash all around you…. around you.
The original version is great to say the very least, but I am in totally taken by the Glee Cast version. Nothing says love like this…
I love love and I love music. So why not share with you my favorite songs during the month of February. I thought there is no better way to start than with this. Enjoy!
Today we started a new year with new hopes and dreams to be a better person, etc. Today I make the resolution to…
- play. i would like to take one weekend a month to do forget about the monotonous house chores and let the dust grow so i can enjoy my family more.
- save. money that is.
- health. i vow to be healthier. eat more greens and exercise.
- read. i waste too much time in front of the boob tube so books i will read.
- love. i want to love harder.
- stand. i will stand for what i believe. i will be heard. i will be me.
- write. i have this blog and i neglect it. too much. so, i will write.
- grow. spiritually. mentally. physically.
- forget. the hurt and pain that was. because that’s what it is. a past.
- enjoy. life, love, and family.
- be. happy.
This is my beginning. What’s yours?